vsm-deploy vs ceph-deploy

jcalcote
Hi Yaguang,

We're trying to leverage vsm autodeploy for our own deployment system, and we're comparing vsm's install.sh script, along with the packages it installs, with our existing deployment scripts. We notice that our core team is using ceph-deploy to configure the ceph storage cluster, but vsm is not.

How does vsm-deploy compare with ceph-deploy? Are they the same? Is vsm-deploy just ceph-deploy with additional vsm-related stuff? Or are they completely different?

Thanks,
John

Re: vsm-deploy vs ceph-deploy

ywang19
Administrator
Hi John,

vsm-deploy is completely different from ceph-deploy, actually, vsm-deploy includes utilities which will help deploy and configure vsm software packages. deploying ceph cluster is actually not the task of vsm-deploy, it's done by vsm module, and its functionality doesn't leverage ceph-deploy, and it can be accessed through vsmclient or REST API. But, as resource constraints, we didn't verify the REST API in 2.0, which is what we will do in next step.

-yaguang