upgrade?

jcalcote
Hi Yaguang,

We've officially shipped our product IF550 Version 1.3 containing a GUI interface based on vsm 2.1.

I'm now working on our 1.4 release, and I am attempting to get vsm to upgrade. I assumed that if you just install a later build of vsm it will upgrade itself, but it appears to completely wipe the vsm database when I install over an existing installation.

What do I need to understand to properly upgrade from a vsm 2.1 to a later version of vsm 2.1? I know the sqlalchemy handles database schema updates transparently. I'm wondering how install knows you're installing or upgrading.

Thanks,
John

Re: upgrade?

lihaijing
I met this problem too~

Re: upgrade?

jcalcote
 I have an upgrade script (upgrade.sh) for ubuntu systems in a pull request now. I've tested it with remote and local controller installation and with stand-alone controller and controller with agent running on it. All scenarios work as designed. I've only tested it back to db version 54, but theoretically, sqlalchemy migrations should work from any version to any version. --John

Re: upgrade?

jcalcote
Upgrade script is committed to latest code.