for the "import cluster" from ceph-deploy

for the "import cluster" from ceph-deploy

wahsilver
Hi, the team:
  Nice to use vsm. Even though we have little experience on ceph, we have successfully deploy a new ceph cluster with the help of vsm.
   But now, since the ceph-deploy tool has become the most used tools for the new virsion ceph (jewel) deploying, could you be kind enough to offer a detailed document for the "import cluster" from ceph-deploy?

Re: for the "import cluster" from ceph-deploy

ywang19
Administrator
Below 2.1 alpha release notes may help:

Manage existing cluster through "Cluster Management\Import Cluster"
- applicable to 2.1 alpha 1 and above
- deploy a ceph cluster external (maybe there is already one running)
- deploy VSM with agents deployed on each ceph node with appropriate role defined.
in VSM web ui:
- navigate to "Cluster Management\Import Cluster", you should see all ceph nodes listed.
- click "import cluster", then we will see an new page where it asks for crushmap and ceph.conf
- there are two approaches to get crushmap:
   a. paste crushmap directly into the text box under "Crushmap"
   b. click "Auto Detect", then a dialog will pop up, you'd select one monitor host, and point where is the monitor keyring file on the monitor host.
- for ceph.conf, we see some ceph.conf doesn't include osd information, if this is the case, you'd manually add them into ceph.conf.
- when crushmap and ceph.conf are ready, click "validate" to see if all can pass. If yes, you could click "submit", if succeed, the message tip will show up to say the import is successful.
- wait for a few minutes before the status gets synced, then you will see the cluster status.

-yaguang

Re: for the "import cluster" from ceph-deploy

wahsilver
This post was updated on .
Under the guidance, we made it. Thanks a lot.