/etc/host entries required?

jcalcote
Hi Yaguang,

We noticed during our work that the /etc/hosts file MUST contain explicit entries for each node in the cluster, or else the vsm-agent process terminates on that host.

It seems more reasonable to use code like the following to do DNS lookups:

import socket
addr = socket.gethostbyname('vsm-osd1')

Then, if the user wants to assign static IP addresses to the cluster nodes in DNS, the lookups will work. If the user does NOT want to assign DNS names, they can ensure the /etc/hosts file contain the requisite entries and the DNS lookups will still work.

Does this request seem reasonable to you?

Thanks,
John

RE: /etc/host entries required?

ywang19
Administrator

It’s reasonable to have a DNS lookup, ticket VSM-396 is for it. https://01.org/jira/browse/VSM-396?filter=11102&jql=project%20%3D%20VSM%20ORDER%20BY%20updated%20DESC%2C%20level%20ASC

-yaguang

We noticed during our work that the /etc/hosts file MUST contain explicit entries for each node in the cluster, or else the vsm-agent process terminates on that host.

It seems more reasonable to use code like the following to do DNS lookups:

import socket
addr = socket.gethostbyname('vsm-osd1')

Then, if the user wants to assign static IP addresses to the cluster nodes in DNS, the lookups will work. If the user does NOT want to assign DNS names, they can ensure the /etc/hosts file contain the requisite entries and the DNS lookups will still work.

Does this request seem reasonable to you?

Thanks,
John

http://vsm-discuss.33411.n7.nabble.com/etc-host-entries-required-tp265.html

To start a new topic under vsm-discuss, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from vsm-discuss,
click here.
NAML