change password throwing 500 error

jcalcote
Hi Yaguang,

I've noticed an irritating problem since the first time I installed VSM, but I've not had time to look into it until now. When you attempt to change the admin user password in the user management tab, you're able to actually change the password, but in the process, an error is thrown - which normally displays a 401 (unauthorized) error.

I enabled the DEBUG flag in settings and was able to collect a very useful screen full of debug information about the error. It appears that admin does not have rights to change the admin password - is there a way to fix this issue that you know of?

Thanks,
John

RE: change password throwing 500 error

ywang19
Administrator

Hi John,

VSM-353 (https://01.org/jira/browse/VSM-353?jql=project%20%3D%20VSM) is for this, and it’s already resolved in latest code base, will be included in upcoming beta2 release.

-yaguang

I've noticed an irritating problem since the first time I installed VSM, but I've not had time to look into it until now. When you attempt to change the admin user password in the user management tab, you're able to actually change the password, but in the process, an error is thrown - which normally displays a 401 (unauthorized) error.

I enabled the DEBUG flag in settings and was able to collect a very useful screen full of debug information about the error. It appears that admin does not have rights to change the admin password - is there a way to fix this issue that you know of?

Thanks,
John

http://vsm-discuss.33411.n7.nabble.com/change-password-throwing-500-error-tp143.html

To start a new topic under vsm-discuss, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from vsm-discuss, click here.
NAML