VSM slows down after running for several days

VSM slows down after running for several days

jcalcote
Yaguang,

Have you noticed, in any of your configurations, that VSM tends to become very slow after allowing Apache 2 to run for an extended period - a few weeks?

I've found that I have to restart apache 2 service, then VSM becomes responsive again. Do you have any insight into this issues? Could it be a simple Apache 2 configuration issue on my deployment, or is it common to all Apache 2 WSGI container-based deployments?

Thanks,
John

RE: VSM slows down after running for several days

ywang19
Administrator

John,

Is this issue showing up on build 216? Also, is it OK for you to create a JIRA ticket for tracking at https://01.org/jira/browse/vsm ?

Thanks,

-yaguang

Have you noticed, in any of your configurations, that VSM tends to become very slow after allowing Apache 2 to run for an extended period - a few weeks?

I've found that I have to restart apache 2 service, then VSM becomes responsive again. Do you have any insight into this issues? Could it be a simple Apache 2 configuration issue on my deployment, or is it common to all Apache 2 WSGI container-based deployments?

Thanks,
John

http://vsm-discuss.33411.n7.nabble.com/VSM-slows-down-after-running-for-several-days-tp188.html

To start a new topic under vsm-discuss, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from vsm-discuss, click here.
NAML

RE: VSM slows down after running for several days

ywang19
Administrator

Hi John,

One case I know is that, at “server management\manage servers” page, in order to discover server availability in time, the page will send requests to backend quickly. If backend can’t response in time, it will casue many requests in queue, and lags whole system responsiveness.

This issue has been fixed in final version (build 216). If the phonenem is observed on pre-216, what I just described might be the root cause.

Regards,

NAML

RE: VSM slows down after running for several days

jcalcote
Thanks Yaguang - that makes sense. I lost one of my ESX server hard drives a few days ago. It'll take me some time to reconfigured my VSM vms - I'll let you know what I find after that.

John