VSM horizon framework version update?

jcalcote
Hi Yaguang,

Are you planning to upgrade the Horizon framework that VSM uses anytime in the near future?

This is not critical, we can work with the version you're currently using, but it would be quite a bit simpler to extend the interface without modifying VSM code if VSM were using Horizon version "Icehouse" or greater.

Thanks,
John

Re: VSM horizon framework version update?

ywang19
Administrator
Hi john,

2.0 is actually using horizon Juno version, when we upgrade from Havana version, we really saw a lot of UI issues, so we keep conservative on UI dependency upgrade. But on openstack integration feature (presenting pool), we will try liberty in near future.

-Yaguang

NAML<
http://vsm-discuss.33411.n7.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: VSM horizon framework version update?

jcalcote
If you're on Juno, then I can't explain what I'm seeing. When I try to use the horizon extensions mechanism, nothing works:

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/horizon/topics/settings.html#pluggable-settings

I noticed that most of these pluggability features were added in icehouse. Since I can't get any of them to work in VSM, I assumed VSM was using a pre-icehouse release.

Would you have any idea why I can't use these pluggable settings?

Thanks,
John

Re: VSM horizon framework version update?

ywang19
Administrator
1.0 is based on Havana, in 2.0, we upgrade dependent packages to Juno, and resolved issues related to the upgrade. Since no extension capability in Havana, upgrade to Juno dependent packages doesn't bring extension to 2.0. Anyway, could you fill a feature request in jira for tracking?

Thanks,
-Yaguang

NAML<