Ubuntu 14.04

jurgen
This post was updated on .
I am installing 2.1 on ubuntu 14.04, following the instructions set out in the install.md.

I am having a few problems, and perhaps someone can help out.
firstly I noticed that during the dependency download it was failing, because wget was modifying the url and was unable to find the specified files.
I modified the 'function download_dependencies' part of the script for the wget, which fixed the problem
as follows:
  wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/01org/vsm-dependencies/$DEPENDENCE_BRANCH/ubuntu14/$i
 #    wget https://github.com/01org/vsm-dependencies/raw/$DEPENDENCE_BRANCH/ubuntu14/$i

Secondly, I noticed after that it was failing on installing the "ceph-common_0.94.1-1trusty_amd64.deb"
I had a look at the deb.lst and in fact it is not listed in there, however is present on the github listing.
I fixed up the deb.lst to include all dependency entries on the 2.1 branch of the github listing.

verified the downloads in the vsm-dep-repo directory, and sub directory.

Rerunning the script now with all the required files in place fails with:

 ceph : Depends: ceph-common (>= 0.78-500) but it is not going to be installed
cephuser@cephadmin:~/2.1.0-336$

I had a look in the vms-dep-repo directory and see that there is "ceph-common_0.94.1-1trusty_amd64.deb"
https://github.com/01org/vsm-dependencies/tree/2.1/ubuntu14

I try to install that manually for a test but it fails with:

Preparing to unpack ceph-common_0.94.1-1trusty_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking ceph-common (0.94.1-1trusty) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of ceph-common:
 ceph-common depends on python-rados (= 0.94.1-1trusty); however:
  Package python-rados is not installed.
 ceph-common depends on python-cephfs (= 0.94.1-1trusty); however:
  Package python-cephfs is not installed.
 ceph-common depends on python-rbd (= 0.94.1-1trusty); however:
  Package python-rbd is not installed.

I had a look back on the github ubuntu dependencies for 2.1 and there are no debs available there for these versions.
I see libcephfs1_0.94.1-1trusty_amd64.deb
librados2_0.94.1-1trusty_adm64.deb
librbd1_0.94.1-1trusty_amd64.deb

even once I dpkg -i these and apt-get -f install, and try to install ceph-common_0.94.1-1trusty_adm64.deb, its still fails with the same error.

So at this point I am stuck :(
feeling pretty disappointed.

Jurgen

Re: Ubuntu 14.04

bxzhu
hi jurgen,
    I think you can do as followed to fix your issue:
    1. On both controller and agent nodes, please run command "sudo apt-get purge -y ceph ceph-mds librbd1 rbd-fuse; sudo apt-get autoremove -y". It can help you to remove all ceph related packages.
    2. Then remove the vsm-dep-repo folder under the install directory. After that, you should run commands on both controller and agent nodes "sudo rm -rf /opt/vsm-dep-repo; sudo rm -rf /etc/apt/sources.list.d/vsm-dep.list".
    3. You should add the ceph source which version you can to install on the controller node.
    4. Start you new install again.