PIP or PPA packages

Chris Holcombe
I'm working on creating a juju charm https://github.com/cholcombe973/vsm_charm/ to deploy virtual-storage-manager.  Part of the install requires debian packages or python pip.  If Intel could publish these that would be fantastic.  If not I'm going to publish them under my own namespace.  This isn't ideal but it's better than nothing.  Specifically I'm thinking of publishing a pip or ppa package for:
1. python-vsmclient: https://github.com/01org/virtual-storage-manager/tree/master/source/python-vsmclient
2. vsm: https://github.com/01org/virtual-storage-manager/tree/master/source/vsm
3. vsm-dashboard: https://github.com/01org/virtual-storage-manager/tree/master/source/vsm-dashboard

Could anyone from Intel take ownership of this?  I'd rather not have to maintain this myself.

Re: PIP or PPA packages

Chris Holcombe
I've posted the pip package here: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/virtual-storage-manager  If anyone would like to take ownership of this let me know and I'll transfer it.

Re: PIP or PPA packages

Chris Holcombe
Could someone from Intel post the files required to get debuild to work?  If you check out the source from master and run debuild in the ubuntu14 directory it immediately fails with:

++ mktemp
+ TEMP=/tmp/tmp.mMd9AgCoy0
+ rm -rfv /tmp/tmp.mMd9AgCoy0
+ mkdir -p /tmp/tmp.mMd9AgCoy0
+ echo '%debug_package %{nil}'
+ SOURCE_DIR=source
+ VSM_DIR=vsm
+ VSMCLIENT_DIR=python-vsmclient
+ VSMDASHBOARD_DIR=vsm-dashboard
+ VSM_DEPLOY_DIR=vsm-deploy
+ source /home/ubuntu/virtual-storage-manager-2.1.0/ubuntu14/.lib/setiptables
./builddeb: line 45: /home/ubuntu/virtual-storage-manager-2.1.0/ubuntu14/.lib/setiptables: No such file or directory

Re: PIP or PPA packages

ywang19
Administrator
Hi Chris,

why not to use ./buildvsm.sh? the script will generate debian package at vsmrepo folder.

-yaguang

Re: PIP or PPA packages

ywang19
Administrator
fine to pass it to me, the pypi account: ywang225