Last road block to a successful product...

Last road block to a successful product...

jcalcote
Hi Yaguang,

We've completed our work on integrating VSM with our own pre-deployed Ceph cluster, but we have one more issue we're trying to work out. Please see Ryan's last comment on this thread:

http://vsm-discuss.33411.n7.nabble.com/Manual-deployment-without-Ceph-tp161.html

Any help you could give us would be much appreciated. It LOOKS like a VSM database issue.

Thanks,
John

Re: Last road block to a successful product...

ywang19
Administrator
Hi John,

The code in 2.0 for importing cluster is incomplete, we are working on the feature on branch wip-53, and saw a few additional modifications required. There will be an 2.1 alpha version in one or two weeks, which expects to support ryan's crushmap hierarchy.

-yaguang

Re: Last road block to a successful product...

jcalcote
Thank you Yaguang - we will begin to look at wip-53 branch for changes made to support external crush maps. We will likely wait for your alpha release, but if we find issues in the wip-53 branch, we'll send patches.

John