Dashboard Monitor widget: boxes too small for hostname font

Dashboard Monitor widget: boxes too small for hostname font

jcalcote
Yaguang,

In the Monitor widget on the VSM | Dashboard | Cluster Status page, the small green and blue boxes display only the first 5 characters of the monitor host name because the boxes are too small or the font used it too large.

My QA team is wondering whether this is a design choice or if you and your team intend to make some sort of design change here before the end of the 2.1 release cycle. If you plan to make a change, we'll wait for it, otherwise, we'll probably reduce the font size to allow more of the host name to be displayed in the boxes.

Thanks,
John

RE: Dashboard Monitor widget: boxes too small for hostname font

ywang19
Administrator

The boxes should just show the monitor ranks instead of host names, could you show a snapshot to help us understand the problem?

In the Monitor widget on the VSM | Dashboard | Cluster Status page, the small green and blue boxes display only the first 5 characters of the monitor host name because the boxes are too small or the font used it too large.

My QA team is wondering whether this is a design choice or if you and your team intend to make some sort of design change here before the end of the 2.1 release cycle. If you plan to make a change, we'll wait for it, otherwise, we'll probably reduce the font size to allow more of the host name to be displayed in the boxes.

Thanks,
John

http://vsm-discuss.33411.n7.nabble.com/Dashboard-Monitor-widget-boxes-too-small-for-hostname-font-tp377.html

To start a new topic under vsm-discuss, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from vsm-discuss, click here.
NAML

RE: Dashboard Monitor widget: boxes too small for hostname font

jcalcote
Monitor Dashboard Widget - Hostnames in Boxes

This is all I've ever seen in the dozens of installations I've done, so I don't think this is specific to an odd installation circumstance.

Thanks,
John

RE: Dashboard Monitor widget: boxes too small for hostname font

jcalcote
Any thoughts on this Yaguang? Seems like it's just printing the hostname when it should be printing something else in these boxes?

Thanks,
John

RE: Dashboard Monitor widget: boxes too small for hostname font

ywang19
Administrator

New commits have changed the characters from host name to monitor rank (number), which could well avoid space overflow.

http://vsm-discuss.33411.n7.nabble.com/Dashboard-Monitor-widget-boxes-too-small-for-hostname-font-tp377p401.html

NAML

RE: Dashboard Monitor widget: boxes too small for hostname font

jcalcote
We picked up the latest code today, and got this fix as well. Thanks.