About the ceph config of cluster import

DesmondShih
Hi,
I am trying 'cluster import' of vsm. I can get crushmap automatically. I use the 'ceph.conf' of the cluster and adding some osd information which 'import cluster' need.

[osd.x]
host = ...
devs = ...
osd journal = ...
public addr = ...
cluster addr = ...

Is the key 'devs' means the path of osd's disk(/dev/sdb1)? Or the mount point of osd(/var/lib/ceph/osd/...)? I added them and it also validated successfully. But after I submit, it shows 'import cluster failed'. So I refreshed the web and found that the dashbroad show up and missing some information(like osd device...).

vsm_01.png
vsm_02.png
vsm_04.png
vsm03.png

I have two question:
1. It seems that there has a problem on 'ceph.conf' I gave in 'import cluster' step. Did I give wrong or miss some setting in it?
2. In the situation now, there might have some configuration of vsm for connecting to ceph cluster. Could you list the config of them? It would be helpful!!

Thanks

Re: About the ceph config of cluster import

lihaijing
I did a test about import cluster, at that time I changed my ceph cluster crushmap as vsm structure. Then I impoterd the cluster, and it could work. So I guess the problem is your crushmap, you use your default crushmap, I doubted that.

Re: About the ceph config of cluster import

DesmondShih
Hi lihaijing,
I use "Auto detect" of crushmap, it load the crushmap in format of json.
It seems that controller can't get information of host and osd, so I consider that the problem is in config.

Thanks

Re: About the ceph config of cluster import

bxzhu
hi DesmondShih,
    I think you should use the path of osd's disk like /dev/sdb1 as devs.

Re: About the ceph config of cluster import

DesmondShih
Hi bxzhu,
I will try later. Thanks for your advise.

Re: About the ceph config of cluster import

jcalcote
I've also got an outstanding pull request (https://github.com/01org/virtual-storage-manager/pull/396) that will make it so the ceph.conf file no longer needs to have the [osd.x] sections in it. The import_cluster routine will query ceph to determine osd configuration parameters.

John